Where are the Baldur's Gate 3 saves located
Just like any other game, Baldur's Gate 3 performs saving directly on the user's computer. And if the save files get corrupted during the operating system's operation, the player will have to start their journey anew. To avoid this, it's necessary to locate the save file and create a backup. Below you will find information on how to find it on different operating systems.
Location of Save Folder in Baldur's Gate 3
Where Are Baldur's Gate 3 Saves Located on Windows OS
Windows allows the quickest access to the save files. The easiest way is to right-click on the Baldur's Gate 3 shortcut and then click on "Open File Location." This will automatically take the user to the root folder containing all project files. There, you need to find "SaveGames" with the "PlayerProfiles" file inside. It's the PlayerProfiles that you are looking for.
If the right-click method didn't work, the root folder of Baldur's Gate 3 is located at: Users/Admin/Documents/Larian Studios/BG3.
Where Are BG 3 Saves Located on Linux OS
When working with Linux, the search is conducted through the steamapps folder, which is located within "Steam." The full path looks like this: Steam/steamapps/compatdata/1086940/pfx/
Where Are BG 3 Saves Located on Mac OS
When playing on Mac OS, you can find the save folder in the same way as on Windows. The file is named SaveGames, and you can copy it to access the desired version of the save at any time. But remember, it's advisable to create a backup after every gaming session.
Rules for writing comments. For non-compliance - ban!
- Use of profanity (mat) in messages
- Communication is not on the topic of the material
- Any insults of other participants, including the author of the material
- Writing messages in whole or in part in CAPITAL letters (Caps Lock)
- Expressing your opinion without supporting it with arguments
- The use of links to third-party sites, or the use of images/videos/other content containing the aforementioned links